Ideas

Got an idea about Haven OnDemand that you'd like to share with HP? Post it here! Before submitting your idea and for idea status definitions, read this page.
Search the Dev Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Likes
Under Review

custom text index - wildcard field specification

Under Review
by jb_hp Level 1 on ‎11-23-2015 12:48

After much trial & error, I managed to get custom flavor of text index to accept some of my custom fields.

It sure would be nice if */*_PARAM and similar worked.   Yes wildcards are a little dangerous in the wrong hands, but it's also a hassle to input each singularly.   

To top it off, it seems that today you can only change fields upon text creation.  This is also pretty annoying, especially when you have to input each one individually.   A personalized field template - my custom would be useful in lieu of supporting add/subtracting fields.

Plus, there doesn't appear to be anyway to see field configuration until data with those fields is indexed.  I get this is normal IDOL behavior, but it's pretty annoying to not see what is intended to happen before it happens.   This is especially so since the input form for custom fields seems picky in unclear ways.

Under Review

@jb_hp

Thank you for your input. Developer feedback is important for the improvement of our platform. We collate and review feature requests at our regular planning sessions.

Jenn

Haven OnDemand team

Comments
by Level 6
on ‎12-17-2015 05:35
Status changed to: Under Review

@jb_hp

Thank you for your input. Developer feedback is important for the improvement of our platform. We collate and review feature requests at our regular planning sessions.

Jenn

Haven OnDemand team

Social Media
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HPE. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation