Ideas

Got an idea about Haven OnDemand that you'd like to share with HP? Post it here! Before submitting your idea and for idea status definitions, read this page.
Search the Dev Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Likes
Completed

Batch Operations Support in API

Completed
by romin New Member on ‎05-20-2014 04:08

It would be great to have batch support in several APIs. For e.g. the Language Detection and Sentiment Analysis APIs could do with accepting a batch of request data, instead of making a call to it everytime ? 

Ofcourse, there would be some sort of limits to it, but would be great to speed up things. 

Completed

Hi Romin & Frederico,

The Sentiment Analysis API now accepts multiple inputs so you can batch your requests.

Do be sure to let us know if you have any further ideas!

Regards

Chris

Haven OnDemand

Comments
by fbotti
on ‎06-08-2014 10:36

Hi Romin! I have the same problem. I want to use the Sentiment Analysis API for analyzing each post in Facebook. I believe that you can use the Sentiment Analysis API by giving a TXT file in order to make a sort of bulk sentiment analysis operation. In this case I think that one call is one file so you can minify the API calls considerably.

Bye

Federico 

by Community Manager
‎07-01-2014 02:41 - edited ‎07-01-2014 02:42
Status changed to: Planned

Romin,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback.

As part of the July update that we will be making available in a couple of weeks, we are introducing some initial batching functionality to the addtotextindex API. We are currently planning to extend this further to APIs such as Sentiment as part of the September update. We'll be sure to keep you updated as these plans develop.

Kind Regards
Chris

by romin New Member
on ‎07-01-2014 02:52

Thanks Chris - that will be a great feature add to the API.

by Community Manager
on ‎10-16-2015 12:31
Status changed to: Completed

Hi Romin & Frederico,

The Sentiment Analysis API now accepts multiple inputs so you can batch your requests.

Do be sure to let us know if you have any further ideas!

Regards

Chris

Haven OnDemand

Social Media
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HPE. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation