How to Stop Emails Alerting You to Post Replies (860 Views)
Highlighted
Level 5
Message 1 of 1 (860 Views)

How to Stop Emails Alerting You to Post Replies

[ Edited ]

When you join the Community, you are automatically signed up to get emails letting you know when a member replies to your posts. We do this to make it easy for you to know when someone responds to your question. 

Though this may be useful for most, some members may find it inconvenient. If you want to discontinue these notifications, you can change the setting.

1. Sign into the Community.
      2. In the right rail, below your user name, click on “Profile & Settings” to expand it and then on “My User Settings” under it.

screenshot1.JPG   screenshot2.JPG

3. Now click on, “Subscriptions & Notifications tab, as shown in the picture. This will open several subscription/bookmark options. 
      4. Click on the “Notifications” tab.
      5. Uncheck the option “Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in.”

screenshot3.JPG

6. Finally, scroll down below and click on the “Save” button. 

Your settings are now saved and will apply to any new post you make. You may need to manually remove already existing subscriptions in the “My Subscriptions” section as well.

If you’d like, you can manually sign up to receive notifications for a particular thread you are interested in following. Check out the following thread to learn how: 

How to get notified when someone replies

Former HP Community Manager
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HPE. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation