First Time Here? Learn How to Post and MoreFirst time visiting the HOD Community? Learn how to join the conversation and find what you need. Been here before? Learn advanced community tips and tricks too.
04-25-2014 09:11 - edited 04-25-2014 09:38
To ask a question to the entire community, you need to create a new post.
While making a post is very simple, there are some tips on creating an effective post, so that members can quickly help you with your issue and utilize information provided by you properly.
- Search first to see if someone has already asked your question. If you are unable to find a similar topic, then make a post.
- You must be logged in to make a post. If you haven’t registered on the Community, check out this page.
- Decide where your post should be placed in the community and navigate there. If it is a discussion topic, it should be placed in the Board, if it is a product idea, it should be posted in Ideas, and so on.
- Click on the orange “Post” button at the top of the chosen section and write your post. In the “Title” field, provide a descriptive title. In the “Body” field write your question, and be sure to include enough detail in your post so that the Community members will understand what you are asking. Go here to learn more about how to ask a good question.
- Feel free to use the text editing functions, to add emphasis to your question or additional information, such as photos (tree icon) or hyperlinks (chain icon).
- To ensure that you are notified of responses to your post, ensure that the “Email me when someone replies” checkbox is checked. You will receive new post notifications at the email address you used when you registered for the community.
- One you are satisfied with how your post looks, click “Post.”
If you’d like to change the notification settings for the post - please check the following thread: