How to Get Notified When Someone Replies (796 Views)
Highlighted
Level 5
Message 1 of 1 (796 Views)

How to Get Notified When Someone Replies

You may not be able to visit the Community frequently to check if your question has been answered or not.

There are several ways to follow conversations in the community.

1. Change your settings:

When you register in the Community, you’ll be automatically subscribed to topics where you post. You can check that your settings are correct by doing the following:

• Sign into the Community.
  • In the right rail, below your user name, click on “Profile & Settings” to expand it and then on “My User Settings” under it.

screenshot1.JPG            screenshot2.JPG

• Now click on, “Subscriptions & Notifications tab, as shown in the picture. This will open several subscription/bookmark options. 
  • Click on the “Notifications” tab.
  • Ensure that the option “Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in.”

screenshot3.JPG

• Finally, scroll down below and click on the “Save” button. 

2. When you make a post:

When you are making a post, there is a box on the right hand side of the screen under “Notifications” that says, “Email me when someone replies.”

• Check the box before posting, and you will be subscribed to the thread.

screenshot4.JPG

3. When you are reading a thread:

If you are interested in following a conversation on the Community, you can sign up to receive notifications of new replies.

• Go to the thread that interests you.
  • At the top right of the screen, there is “Topic Options” dropdown menu.

screenshot5.jpg
  • Choose “Subscribe” from the drop-down. There is an RSS Subscribe option in the menu as well screenshot6.jpg, in this case, you do not want to select that option.

If at any time, you wish to discontinue notifications, instructions can be found here:

How to Stop Emails Alerting You to Post Replies

Former HP Community Manager
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HPE. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation